VULCANIZING RELEASE AGENT
During the vulcanization of spin casting moulds, problems can occur with the adhesion of the original parts to the silicone in the mould, especially with resin parts.
In CONIEX we have the ideal product that will avoid the problems of adhesion that can happen, the piece breaking or that part of the silicone of the mould remains adhered to the master, making the mould unusable. With its use, both the mould and the originals stay in perfect condition.
Our vulcanizing release agent is a liquid product, which is translucent and very volatile.
The release agent for originals can be used both on metal originals, with or without galvanic bath, and on polymeric pieces or 3D printed resins of all kinds, without leaving any residue on them.
What makes our releasing agent special?
– Great performance, only a small quantity is needed to be highly effective.
– High thermal stability: it can withstand the temperature of the vulcanized material without affecting its properties. Allows vulcanization from 90º C to 180º C.
– The finish of the piece is completely clean, without defects. It does not generate bubbles in the mould.
– It does not leave residues.
How to use the releasing agent?
- The first thing to do is to shake the release agent so that the phases of the product are well mixed
- After ensuring that the product is homogeneous, and provided that the size of the pieces allows it, we will take them with pliers and dip them in the jar of release agent. If the pieces do not fit, pour enough product into a jar so that the original pieces are well immersed. Depending on the size of the pieces, we will have to add more or less quantity, but they must be completely covered with product. In this step, we recommend using tweezers both to immerse the original and to remove it. Finally, depending on the size of the pieces, we could also impregnate them with the help of a brush.
- Remove the original piece from the releasing agent.
- Wait for the release agent to evaporate completely from the surface of the piece (approx. 2 min.)
- Insert the piece into the mould trying not to damage the deposited release agent layer with your fingers.
CONIEX recommends covering your Vulcanizing Releasing Agent container every time you work with it. If it is not kept in the correct conditions and due to its high volatility, the product will evaporate until it is finished.
Our Technical Team is at your disposal to help you. Do not hesitate to contact us to solve any doubt in this respect.
For more information, you can consult the rest of the pages of CONIEX.
Do not miss out our courses available on Youtube and follow us!