WHY APPLY TALC IN CASTING MOULDS?
Due to the aggression suffered by the moulds during castings due to different factors, one of the most important being the abrasion of the metal at high temperature, the rubber and silicone moulds deteriorate until they reach the end of their productive life.
It is therefore advisable to apply industrial talc for moulds in each casting, a small layer is more than enough and the life of your moulds will be considerably extended with this insignificant gesture!
CONIEX’s industrial talc is a very fine and dry laminar powder, specially designed for this application, which facilitates the exit of the air and the filling of the mould, protecting it from the abrasion of the metal.
WHAT DO I GET BY APPLYING CONIEX INDUSTRIAL TALCUM POWDER TO EVERY WASH?
- We achieve an easier filling of the parts
- We get castings with fewer air bubbles
- If we strain the metal at the right temperature, it minimizes pores even more
- We achieve a significant increase in the mould’s resistance to abrasion
- It is very easy to apply, without the need for special devices or specific tools
HOW SHOULD I APPLY INDUSTRIAL TALCUM POWDER?
See an example of how to apply talcum powder in your moulds reproducing the following video
- It is recommended to use a cloth doll for its application.
- Apply a thin layer of the product before each casting, or at least every two castings.
- Avoid accumulations in the cavities or cavities of the mould. If necessary, remove the excess with a brush.
As it is a powder product and, therefore, very volatile, it is recommended to use a dust vacuum cleaner with a filter. CONIEX, S.A. has this type of vacuum cleaner for the absorption and filtering of talc that can be dispersed in the environment, thus keeping the installations clean and free of dust. A large part of the filtered talc is recovered in a tray free of large particles, suitable for reuse.
It is also recommended to keep the product protected from humidity.
Do not hesitate to use our industrial talc powder, the life of your moulds will be extended considerably, thus obtaining extra profitability in your productions.
Our Technical Team is at your disposal to advise you. Do not hesitate to contact us to solve any doubt in this respect.
For more information, you can consult the rest of the pages of CONIEX.
Do not miss out our enamelling course available in Youtube and follow us!